Wed, 13 Sept|
The Common Press
Free Legal Advice Clinic for Queers
A free initial consultation with a solicitor. It’s about time for our community to have more friends in the law. McAllister Olivarius, a law firm specializing in discrimination cases, is excited to launch Queer Legal Advice Clinic.
Time & Location
13 Sept 2023, 15:00 – 17:00
The Common Press, 118 Bethnal Grn Rd, London E2 6DG, UK
About the event
What you can expect from the QLAC consultation.
- A free initial consultation with a solicitor
- Total confidentiality and privacy
The expertise of McAllister Olivarius’ wider legal team, including in cases of:
- Higher education and employment discrimination & harassment,
- Image-based sexual abuse and other forms of online abuse,
- Civil partnerships and marriages,
- Domestic violence,
- Religious and cult abuse.
- A solicitor to witness you signing your Gender Recognition Certificate, and talk to you about possible implications,
- Referrals to other Queer-friendly organizations and resources,
- A safe space where you can share your story and be heard, advised, and supported by a team that will fight tooth-and-nail for you.
The initial consultation will be free. Depending on the nature and complexity of your case, your chances of success, and the strength of evidence that you have, we may be able to represent you on a Conditional Fee Agreement, flat fee or hourly basis (you may also be eligible for other sources of funding, for example under the terms of your home insurance). While we are not able to act on legal aid and cannot guarantee we will be able to take your case on, we will do everything in our power to give you the right advice and help you find a way forward.
For more information head to https://mcolaw.com/for-individuals/queer-rights-lawyers-qrl/